[TYPO3-dev] BE Module: How to add a datepicker to an input

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 18 14:01:33 CET 2011

Yes this is true... it was a sort of "quick and dirty" way of getting the
functionality as I couldn't find much documentation about creating form
fields in BE modules...

I too would like to be able to call some function to create these fields.
I found the span structure while looking at a form for a record with
firebug... ;)

I shall look at the code again tonight... I'm sure it must be there, I can't
believe these span tags are added on the client side with js, what would be
the point - I don't think you can use the BE without JS enabled so there is
no needed to provide a version that works without these fancy
effects/widgits.

I looked at the tcemain functions, all the field creation functions seem to
need row data, field config arrays and so on in-order to generate the
fields. I don't know if you could just pass dummy arguments to these
functions so that they can creat fields. That might be the best way.

If you ever find functions for creating fields not related to database rows,
let me know!