[TYPO3-dev] BE Module: How to add a datepicker to an input

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Mon Nov 21 10:36:32 CET 2011

> Yes this is true... it was a sort of "quick and dirty" way of getting the
> functionality as I couldn't find much documentation about creating form
> fields in BE modules...

So did i. The only possibility seems to be to look directly at the
different field-create functions...

> I too would like to be able to call some function to create these fields.
> I found the span structure while looking at a form for a record with
> firebug... ;)

Yes, that's what i've found, too.

> I shall look at the code again tonight... I'm sure it must be there, I can't
> believe these span tags are added on the client side with js, what would be
> the point - I don't think you can use the BE without JS enabled so there is
> no needed to provide a version that works without these fancy
> effects/widgits.

I've searched the whole TYPO3 sources with "Find in files..." for any
strings like "clearer", "input-clearer" and so on. But i didn't get any
results.

So i ask myself (an others): Where are theese <span>-structures being
created??