[TYPO3-dev] Any good examples of automatic/programatic page generation?

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue Jul 26 11:57:10 CEST 2011

Am 23.07.11 01:58, schrieb Kevin Mitchell:
> Now I'll likely need to do several passes on this to actually process the
> data, match up TYPO3 page IDs with the custom object_ids that I've
> generated, etc, but that's beyond the scope of this email and I can handle
> that. The issue is figuring out the best method to generate these pages and
> sub pages programmatically, via a cron job which will run nightly. Ideally
> I'll also kick off some sort of crawler to cache the pages that have been
> updated to help with site performance.

Hi Kev,

check this:
http://blog.tolleiv.de/2010/03/handling-data-in-typo3-with-tcemain/

Yes, it will be a bit slower, but in a CLI environment, this shouldn't
be an issue.

Good thing:
Since all pages are created "as if" someone did it manually, you will
have all the fancy stuff like history and such.

And your code will be future proof.

Don't bother if you didn't find anything via searching the web, you
would have needed process_cmdmap() as a keyword :)

cheers
Mathias

--
Ernesto, Nov. 9th 2010:
"In the graphics generation routines of TYPO3 *anything* could cause a