[TYPO3-dev] ext manager

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Feb 28 16:31:35 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 28.02.2011 16:15, schrieb Robert Wildling:
> I am confused and have to ask for help to clarify how to understand the
> new ext manager:
>
> When the T3 installation is clean, the ext manager shows many
> possibilites, among them the 3 old menu entries "installed ext",
> "install ext" and "import ext".
>
> When using the new ext manager, after a while, the menu entries from the
> drop down lost for the old ext manager disappear.
>
> - Is this behaviour intended?
> - If so, is there any way to change back to the old ext manager entries
> later on?

no - it's not losing entries. In ext conf of em you can switch off old
modules.

> I also realize that when I copy&paste ext from another local T3
> installation, the ext managers (old and new) just won't recognize them.
> The rights and chmods are set correctly though.
>
> (I am on a Mac 10.6.6, MAMP Pro 1.9.4, Firefox 3.6.13 (but similiar in
> latest Chrome and Opera), Typo3 4.5.2)

don't ever expirienced this.

> Steffen - last time you said you made the changes, but you meant the
> filter features for TER ext, didn't you? The field to show the date of
> the latest update is not yet integrated, or am I missing sth? How about
> the bug report? The one you entered,
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17788, addresses another topic, not mine.

i fixed the sql error with filtering, not the extra field for the list.
I said that this is a different issue, please open a BT entry.

> I mean that there are columns for "Erweiterung", "Schlüssel",
> "Kategorie" etc - and that there should be a column that shows the "last
> update" of the respective ext. It was requested quite often! And it
> really is such a valueable info that it shouldn't be hidden in the
> description. (It is quite a waste of time to click through all the ext
> and check their date)

see above.

> Furthermore: when updateing an ext, that won't work. The procedure is
> initialising the prozess and downloading the updated ext, but when going
> back to the list view, nothing changed.

  can't confirm this behaviour. The update icon in rep list is hidden
after successful update.

> Another thing: I updated the list of ext with the button (that is shown
> in the above mentioned bug report). Since it every once in a while gets
> stuck, I have to remove the ext XML from the temp folder and repeat the
> procedure. T3 4.5 doesrepeat the procedure, it will also show how many
> ext there are in the TER, but when I then search for eg powermail,
> nothing is found!

what? i find each ext i search for, no problems.

> I am pretty desperate about this whole new AJAX stuff in T3. Instead of
> making the CMS faster, everything just gets slower and slower and more
> and more unstable. The search for errors gets even more difficult... I
> dont know if T3 is really going into the right direction... (It also
> should always grow that musch in file size... should ExtJS and the new
> sprite feature make everything smaller and faster? Why is it not
> happening???)

that's not true. Especially the extmanager is slow, you can compare a
complete module load in old module to the new ext manager, it's much
much faster!

> I really respect your work, guys, but please don't forget usability!

everything is done with cooperation of the HCI team. If you find an
issue which is not that usable, please do as usual and file a bug.

vg Steffen