[TYPO3-dev] New version scheme for system extensions

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Fri Dec 16 14:28:55 CET 2011

Am 16.12.2011 13:40, schrieb Patrick Lobacher:
> But how will you distinguish Extbase 1.4 and Extbase 1.3 for example?

by telling the TYPO3 version

> You are forced to use TYPO3 4.5 LTS in some cases but you can use
> Extbase 1.4 with it if you want without problems. If you have just 1.0.0
> the chaos would be perfect in my opinion.

this would be the 1st time that there is an official opinion that you
can switch sysexts versions and core versions. Users have *never* been
accourged and this is also the reason for sysexts not being in TER
because they are shipped with TYPO3 itself and they will probably work
*only* in the version they belong.

If you are forced to 4-5, you are also forced to the belonging sysext
versions and their bugfix releases.

Georg