[TYPO3-dev] New version scheme for system extensions

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Sat Dec 17 02:40:25 CET 2011

On 12/16/2011 05:40 PM, Georg Ringer wrote:
> Am 16.12.2011 17:16, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
>> Actually this hack sound quite cool. This would save us a lot of time,
>> because we can just ask people "What version do you use" and if they say
>> sysext 4.5-dev, we know this is a dev version and shipped with TYPO3 4.5.
>> That way we do not have to look up which version was shipped with which
>> version of the core.
> true *but* if someone takes extbase from 4-6 and uses it in 4-5, the
> version will also tell "4-5-x" and you will really need long time to
> check out the real version... not so cool

But you can't really use extbase from 4-6 on 4-5 anyway, I guess.
And you can't "just download it from TER" and install it using EM.

If you happen to hack an extbase-version from 4.6 with 4.5 somehow, your
setup is "unsupported" anyway and might lead to strange problems. I
guess that holds true for a number of sysexts (which are only really
tested/targeted to the X.Y-release they ship with.)

Regards,
 Stefan