[TYPO3-dev] New version scheme for system extensions

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri Dec 16 14:52:23 CET 2011

Hi,

>> You are forced to use TYPO3 4.5 LTS in some cases but you can use
>> Extbase 1.4 with it if you want without problems. If you have just 1.0.0
>> the chaos would be perfect in my opinion.
>
> this would be the 1st time that there is an official opinion that you
> can switch sysexts versions and core versions. Users have *never* been
> accourged and this is also the reason for sysexts not being in TER
> because they are shipped with TYPO3 itself and they will probably work
> *only* in the version they belong.

This makes me think that I did not update the corresponding page for
DBAL (still referencing SVN):

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-dbal/wiki/Project_Organization

But it always was clear for DBAL:

----------
Bleeding-edge version of DBAL on an "old" TYPO3

If you want to use the bleeding-edge version of DBAL, regardless of the
TYPO3 version you use, you should consider performing these steps:

    Replace files t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php, t3lib/class.t3lib_sqlparser
and t3lib/db/class.t3lib_db_preparedstatement.php with those from TYPO3
trunk
    Check-out trunk version of DBAL into typo3conf/ext/dbal/
    You may consider copying the adodb extension too, if the one in
trunk is more up-to-date

Please note that this should work but is totally unsupported though!

This last phrase is basically the same for each and every system extension!

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!