[TYPO3-dev] Status of wiki.typo3.org

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Aug 20 21:03:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

> For a new users, exploring TYPO3, it may seem discouraging.

It probably is. We have an central page for documentation
(http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/), but it could be
optimized. Then we have the "category" pages (like
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/)
which unfortunately contain some very outdated manuals.

> Drupal has excellent central documentation at
>
> http://drupal.org/documentation
> which I think contributes a lot to it's popularity.

Thanks for the pointer. It's indeed a very good landing page for
documentation IMO.

As Ben wrote we are working hard on revamping the whole documentation.
At the same time others are working on revamping typo3.org. All this
takes a lot of effort and we are only a few... Do you feel like
contributing to something?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter