[TYPO3-dev] Loading a tap panel's content using ExtDirect in the frontend

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Aug 5 13:38:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

> i can feel your pain.
> In general there is no difference between ExtDirect in FE and BE, only
> the registration is different, the handling is the same.

I think the main problem with the wiki page is that it's not written for
people who know nothing about the topic. I guess that it doesn't miss
much, but just enough the all pieces of information don't fit together.

> Also - you can return in php what ever you want as long as you know in
> js what you expect. This is very easy and much more easier than eID.

As I said I understand the concept and that's why I wanted to use it,
but I'm failing miserably. I tried to look at extension mvc_extjs, but
it's too large IMO to use as an example.

> Unfortunally i'm busy today, but if i find a gap i contact you via skype

OK. It's nice if you can :-) Let's keep in touch about this topic. I'm
sure I can rewrap my code in some other class/method and switch to
ExtDirect later easily.

If I understand how the whole thing works, I promise to improve the
information in the wiki ;-)

Cheers

--

Francois Suter