[TYPO3-dev] Loading a tap panel's content using ExtDirect in the frontend

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Aug 5 13:04:56 CEST 2011

Hi Francois,

Am 05.08.2011 11:36, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi again,
>
>> Are you saying that I should render my tabs in some default state, then
>> call the ExtDirect method that I registered (for example in response to
>> a tab activation even) and then feed the result of the ExtDirect call
>> into the tab? Is that what you meant?
>
> I guess I'll just go the eID way anyway. I don't understand anything
> about how ExtDirect works, at least in the frontend (I mean I understand
> the concept, but I'm baffled as to how to implement it). I've found the
> wiki page totally un-helpful :-(

i can feel your pain.
In general there is no difference between ExtDirect in FE and BE, only
the registration is different, the handling is the same.

Also - you can return in php what ever you want as long as you know in
js what you expect. This is very easy and much more easier than eID.

Unfortunally i'm busy today, but if i find a gap i contact you via skype

vg Steffen