[TYPO3-dev] Don't waste time with cache while develop

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Aug 4 11:17:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

wouldn't it be nice to have a no cache toolbar in extdeval, where it's
possible to disable some / all caches interactivly.

As TYPO3 caches more and more this will tell devs what caches are
enabled ...

Regards
Kay

Am 03.08.2011 16:43, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> Am 03.08.2011 16:18, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>> you may wonder why cerain things don't work as intended. This is often
>>> because things are more cached now.
>>
>> It could be dangerous to disable cache because things may work
>> differently when cache is disabled. May be we should think of the same
>> checks as APC does: an option in the configuration that enabled
>> automatic check for modified language files and cleans them as necessary.
>>

> you're right, disable caching is no guarantee for all. But it prevents
> the typic dev problem: change the code, run, see the difference.
> Of course the changes has to be checked with cache as well, but in
> general the code should work without any cache.
> If there is a difference, then something went wrong, as cache should
> only prevent unnecessary operations.
>
> I develop 95% without cache just to be sure everything gets recalculated.
>
> vg Steffen

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answere was usefull: https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach