[TYPO3-dev] Don't waste time with cache while develop

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Aug 3 16:43:47 CEST 2011

Hi Dmitry,

Am 03.08.2011 16:18, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> you may wonder why cerain things don't work as intended. This is often
>> because things are more cached now.
>
> It could be dangerous to disable cache because things may work
> differently when cache is disabled. May be we should think of the same
> checks as APC does: an option in the configuration that enabled
> automatic check for modified language files and cleans them as necessary.

you're right, disable caching is no guarantee for all. But it prevents
the typic dev problem: change the code, run, see the difference.
Of course the changes has to be checked with cache as well, but in
general the code should work without any cache.
If there is a difference, then something went wrong, as cache should
only prevent unnecessary operations.

I develop 95% without cache just to be sure everything gets recalculated.

vg Steffen