[TYPO3-dev] Serving static content from a different domain

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Tue Apr 5 10:04:51 CEST 2011

Am 05.04.11 00:03, schrieb Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer:

> Nevertheless we would like to provide a default or
> "cheaper" solution for our small projects/clients and
> I was wondering if the mentioned approach is "okay" in
> terms of security and performance, compared to the
> standard one-domain setup.

amazon cloudfront is cheaper than you think :-)

> Would be nice if you could also give feedback on that!

have a look at this:

http://www.typofree.org/article/archive/2009/august/title/enabling-cookie-free-domains-in-nginx/

michiel gives a good introductio to asset serving domains here too. its
not bound to nginx.

never the less there are different opinions on that subject. i believe
that asset serving should balance the load among different machines.

olivier