[TYPO3-dev] Serving static content from a different domain

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 00:03:26 CEST 2011

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> have a look at ja_replacer and using amazon cloudfront with origin
> server settings.
>
> we do that for our homepage and for some clients once they have loads of
> traffic.
>
> works like a charm.
>
> you can also have a look at varnish too.

Hi Oliver!

I appreciate your reply, thanks! For larger projects
it seems to be a nice and also affordable service.

Nevertheless we would like to provide a default or
"cheaper" solution for our small projects/clients and
I was wondering if the mentioned approach is "okay" in
terms of security and performance, compared to the
standard one-domain setup.

Would be nice if you could also give feedback on that!

Thanks!

Regards,
Thomas