[TYPO3-dev] Deploy localconf.php from test to live system

Nicolas de Haen typo3 at ndh-websolutions.de
Thu Oct 28 09:45:44 CEST 2010

Hi Sebastian,

> So beside activating and deactivating an extensions there
>> is not that much that would change after a move to the enviroment file.

That's right, as I mentioned before, the install Tool is not neccessary
since it's just an interface for defining TYPO3_CONF_VARS. But
installing an Extension without the Extension Manager is not so easy.

Currently we have a "custom_localconf.php" which is ignored by git and
keeps the specific settings for database access, Sitename, etc. This
file doesn't need any further change, once it is on it's place.

But the $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT'] settings change more frequently, at
least during development and since the Extension Manager overwrites
these settings we cannot install one extension for "all" instances and
another extension only in development environment.

With an inlude AFTER localconf.php we could do something like:

if($devMode){
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extList'] .= ',devlog,extbase_kickstarter';
}

So we have control what is same and what is different between
Development, Staging and Live instance.

Nico