[TYPO3-dev] Deploy localconf.php from test to live system

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Thu Oct 28 10:19:03 CEST 2010

Hi.

On 28.10.2010 09:45 Nicolas de Haen wrote:
> But the $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT'] settings change more frequently, at
> least during development and since the Extension Manager overwrites
> these settings we cannot install one extension for "all" instances and
> another extension only in development environment.

Summing up our goal is:
We are looking for a place to configure stuff _after_ localconf.php and
_before_ extensions get loaded.
The goal is to have a (foolproof) control of these setting:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extConf']
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extList']
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extList_FE']

Looking at config_default.php, it does not exist. Nicos patch seems to
be a solution. IMHO it seems others might also find it useful, so let's
send it to the core list. Feature freeze is near!

We should also discuss a future refactoring of config_default.php, since
it looks rather ugly.

--
cheers,
Steffen