[TYPO3-dev] Help with extension development - multiple languages

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Nov 10 11:19:58 CET 2010

Hi,

> The 201 bricks are created in danish and gets uid =1 and then I create a
> data record, which is given the id 1 in the brick column, because it relates
> to the brick that has uid=1.
> If I now create a translation in swedish of 201 it gets uid=2, but now I
> can’t get the data because it relates to uid= 1. The 110n_parent column in
> the swedish translation has id=1.

I faced a similar problem in an extension I worked on. It is not yet
published but you can find it on Forge:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-checklists

It relies on a library called "overlays" which I created to ease such
tasks (extension "overlays" is public). However the "overlays" library
is not enough by itself, because you still need to rebuild the relations
as you experienced.

Look at class.tx_checklists_pi1.php at around line 169 and following and
you'll see what kind of manipulation I make to work around this issue.

HTH

--

Francois Suter