[TYPO3-dev] Help with extension development - multiple languages

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Nov 10 13:49:01 CET 2010

François Suter schrieb am 10.11.2010 11:19:
> Hi,
>
>> The 201 bricks are created in danish and gets uid =1 and then I create a
>> data record, which is given the id 1 in the brick column, because it
>> relates
>> to the brick that has uid=1.
>> If I now create a translation in swedish of 201 it gets uid=2, but now I
>> can’t get the data because it relates to uid= 1. The 110n_parent
>> column in
>> the swedish translation has id=1.
>
> I faced a similar problem in an extension I worked on. It is not yet
> published but you can find it on Forge:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-checklists
>
> It relies on a library called "overlays" which I created to ease such
> tasks (extension "overlays" is public). However the "overlays" library
> is not enough by itself, because you still need to rebuild the relations
> as you experienced.

Wouldn't the "overlays" methods be a good candidate to be included in
the core?

There are lots of "record selection" methods in tslib_content, we could
have a new utility namespace:

tslib_databaseRecords

with all those "Database functions" from tslib_content and your overlay
fetching methods. Maybe splitting and grouping them up?

Cheers,
Ernesto