[TYPO3-dev] cache framework - exception in apc backend when no space is left

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon Nov 8 15:34:54 CET 2010

Hey.

On 11/07/2010 08:43 PM, Andreas Kiessling wrote:
> Do you have any news on the redis backend? I also thought, that a noSQL
> approach would perfectly fit the demands of the cache.

The FLOW3 issue is currently on hold [1]. My plan is to finalize the
patch this week: I need to review some exceptions, want to add a
O-notation for some methods and add an experimental warning. The
functionality itself is complete for now. I've already catched up with
the "new" git/gerrit system and I did a tiny no-brainer last weekend to
test it. So: I still hope we will get redis for 4.5, and I'll start with
the back port as soon as it's committed to FLOW3.

> Regarding memcache: that one got me pretty confused, since it is called
> "t3lib_cache_backend_MemcachedBackend", but uses the php extension
> "memcache". When you install "memcached" and are faced with the
> exception that you must install "memcached", something must be wrong ;)
> Is it too late to rename it to "t3lib_cache_backend_MemcacheBackend"?

Correct, the naming is plain wrong at this place, it should have been
called t3lib_cache_backend_MemcacheBackend (or maybe
MemcacheMemcacheBackend to give room for MemcachedMemcacheBackend).
Correct way would be to rename the class and deprecate the old one. I'm
unsure how FLOW3 handles those things, but it should be fixed there in
the first place. This issue is not my personal TOP1.

Regards
Christian

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/9017