[TYPO3-dev] Development/Integration/Staging/Production Practice for TYPO3

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Mon Mar 29 11:25:04 CEST 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   ben van 't ende
Datum:       29.03.2010 10:10:
> Heyla,
>
> Today the question was raised to me how companies deal with advanced Staging.
> That means separate Development/Integration/Staging/Production installations in
> a structured process for website development that maximizes productivity and
> reduces bugs that reach the user. Ofcourse TYPO3 features workspaces, but that
> does not deal with new functionality/extensions in a TYPO3 project. Some former
> client I once had used a custom script that would skip dynamic tables when
> updating the whole installation if I remember correctly. There where many
> disadvantages to that procedure as well and it could hardly be called bullet
> proof. I did not encounter such a situation where a client needed that
> functionality after that. I can imagine however that in a number of situations
> this could be interesting.
>
> Are there already any experiences around of having to deal with such a
> situation? In what way would this be do-able in a TYPO3 environment?
>

> gRTz
>
> ben

Hi Ben,

we are using fdfx_svn
(http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/show/extension-fdfx_svn) to deploy
staging from development and then ftp and server side scripts to
live/production.As this is only for extensions we investigated solutions
on customers' request.

Based on t3x-export/import we are thinking of a way to extend that to
enable direct server to server, i.e. TYPO3 to TYPO3 communication using
services.
t3x export/import is sofar missing "only" 3 features:
	extensions has to be included
	extensions has to be installed on remote systems
	api for REST services

Peter.

--
docendo discimus