[TYPO3-dev] Development/Integration/Staging/Production Practice for TYPO3

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 10:45:46 CEST 2010

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Still, an "incremental" publishing mechanism would be interesting to
> implement, as it would minimize the amount of data to be transmitted on
> each sync. But it is of course also a lot more complex and with this
> more error prone.

Hmmm. I just rememberede how Doctrine does database updates. It does it
only for structure, not data but may be we can use the idea.

There you do some changes, than run a cli tool that creates a special
set of instructions to Doctrine about upgrading. Then this set is
executed at production. If necessary it can also be rolled back. We can
try this for content. It would be really cool to have that.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member Read more @