[TYPO3-dev] Apache/PHP TYPO3 Caching-Module

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Thu Mar 11 14:00:32 CET 2010

Bartosz Aninowski wrote:

>> Does it take usergroups / conditions / expire times of pages into
>> account?
>
> Yes. We add lot of options to set TTL for page, user, global etc.
> You can disable memcaching for logged user at all.

This and you other mail sounds like this ngix proxy is not specially
adopted for TYPO3. So what happens if you have a condition like:

[browser = msie]

in you TypoScript. So different pages get served for different browsers.
I guess in this case I have to instruct/configure the ngix proxy to
store a variant for each browser???

The browser condition was only an example. In my opinion such an
extension has to handle the TYPO3 [] condition syntax (meaning:
different HTML result for the same requested URL depending on the
conditions evaluation)

> fg captcha. Extension can delete memached page if POST is sent fg if
> someone posts comments.

This idea is nice. To delete cached pages upon POST requests. I guess
this would be a good attempt for comment/blog/etc. extensions to work
even with cached pages, by using an early hook to clear a cached page
from cache - but this is another story.

I guess what Xavier meant about configuring POST/clearCache for every
extension is a security issue. You should not allow anyone to clear you
cached pages as this could get used for DOS attacks. Someone simply
sends POST requests with "test=123" to your site which will cause the
Server to completly render the page again and again - probably resulting
in a server fail.

An extension should check wheter the POST parameters are acceptable for
it and will modify the output, and depending on this clear or leave the
cached page.

>> Does it work properly with extensions like realURL?
>
> Yes with no problem.

But anyways: Nice way of speeding up simple T3 sites without much
special features like users, etc.

greets,
Bernhard