[TYPO3-dev] Apache/PHP TYPO3 Caching-Module

Bartosz Aninowski bartoszx at SPAMgmail.com
Thu Mar 11 15:59:39 CET 2010

> This and you other mail sounds like this ngix proxy is not specially
> adopted for TYPO3. So what happens if you have a condition like:
>
> [browser = msie]
>
> in you TypoScript. So different pages get served for different browsers.
> I guess in this case I have to instruct/configure the ngix proxy to
> store a variant for each browser???

No problem at all. This is built-in feature.
I did some test 10min ago and it works correctly.
However in some circumstances it could be a limitations in this version
of extension. If we  face mentioned problem I think we can add some new
features.

>> fg captcha. Extension can delete memached page if POST is sent fg if
>> someone posts comments.
> I guess what Xavier meant about configuring POST/clearCache for every
> extension is a security issue. You should not allow anyone to clear you
> cached pages as this could get used for DOS attacks.

No. POSTs clears only memcached cache not TYPO3 cache. Imagine this
situation. You have community website with couple of USERT_INT
extension. Users can posts, comments, add to bookmarks etc. Some user
can add new messages which are seen on start page. You can set TTL to
1min for start page and every 1min USER_INT extension render new content
and new page version will be saved to memcached. In other case, every
POST will delete memcached version of page and USER_INT will again
render new version. If you need to use USER_INT, you can save lot of DB
queries and PHP calls.

> But anyways: Nice way of speeding up simple T3 sites without much
> special features like users, etc.

I think this is nice way o speeding website with lot of features like
users, groups, communities. We developed this extension for high traffic
community websites. In some casees you have to develop your ext to work
with evo_nginx_boost but trust me it worth it.

You can even save memcached version of page for particular users, groups
etc. You have to test it and send us some ideas and improvments :)

Nice example is mm_forum (with USER_INT). Every visit = lot of DB
queries. Now every not-logged users see memcached version until POST
will be sent. Every logged users can see live version or own memached
version with 1min TTL. I Can't describe each example but you can
configure it in lot of ways.

--
Bartosz Aninowski