[TYPO3-dev] Apache/PHP TYPO3 Caching-Module

Bartosz Aninowski bartoszx at SPAMgmail.com
Wed Mar 10 15:26:59 CET 2010

> IIRC, using your extension is not completely straightforward as one has
> to slightly modify one few pages of TYPO3 (perhaps only 1 but still) to
> use it. And again IIRC, support for clearing on POST, ... requires
> configuration for each and every extension.

Yes. If you want to use standalone variant you need to modify index.php
There was no hook we can use it. You can clear memcached version with
any POST. If you want you can exclude some POST and set other options.
There is no need to hack custom extiosions.

> I know that caching is a tricky task but is there a plan to ease the
> deployment, conrfiguration, perhaps support another proxy than nginx,

We choose nginx because of direct connection to Memcached. If any other
proxy can do that I don't see any problem.

> ... ? Would it be possible to not have to modify TYPO3 at all? Perhaps
> by adding a hook or XCLASSing something?

I don't think so or sombody smarter can check it out :)

> Anyway, I did not try it yet but it looked very great.

Thx ;)

--
Bartosz Aninowski