[TYPO3-dev] Apache/PHP TYPO3 Caching-Module

Bartosz Aninowski bartoszx at SPAMgmail.com
Wed Mar 10 07:15:17 CET 2010

> Yes. I didn't take a look at the code but I'll assume you know the
> extension. But in this case still the PHP Interpreter has to get fired
> up, calling the index.php script, which takes quite a lot of precious
> time, instead of simply sending a static file.

In standalone mode without nginx, PHP is called only for sending
memcached version from memcached. No un/serializing is needed. Memcached
page is saved as it looks in browser

> How many pages / second to you get:
>
> *1* with the memcached variant?

Check out this post
http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-4-3/2009-June/001557.html

> *2* with the proxied variant?
>
> And does the proxied variant still ned the index.php being called, or
> will the proxy handle the complete request?

With proxied (nginx) variant no PHP is called at all. Nginx can read
data from memcached directly. It is very fast. My old ADM server can
handle almost 600 trans/sec.

> Does it take usergroups / conditions / expire times of pages into account?

Yes. We add lot of options to set TTL for page, user, global etc.
You can disable memcaching for logged user at all.
You can add regular expression to disable caching for particular request
fg captcha. Extension can delete memached page if POST is sent fg if
someone posts comments.
Additionaly if you have page with counter you can use eID ajax call.
Whole page is get from memcached and only voting or incrementing counter
is sent to PHP.

> Does it work properly with extensions like realURL?

Yes with no problem.

--
Bartosz Aninowski