[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.4 introduction package and realUrl

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jun 24 17:05:04 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb am 24.06.2010 16:55:
> Hi!
>
> ben van 't ende wrote:
>> There was an idea we had to check for mod_rewrite and then de-activate realurl
>> if not present. I can imagine the install gives a warning then. On the other
>> hand I would like to keep it as simple as possible to.
>
> It is possible to check if mod_rewrite is present in Apache. But if it is
> present, it does not mean it is enabled or configured, that's the problem.
> "Enabled" or "configured" cannot be easily checked using server scripts. Of
> course, it is possible to make a subrequest and see what it returns but
> this is hackish :)
>
> Any more ideas?..

I think that was the idea that came up in http://forge.typo3.org/issues/7643

"If that goes successfully, an AJAX request is done to a realURL path"

That sounds nice and not at all "hackish". From the issue tracking I
cannot really see if this was implemented or not. But the idea is nice
and maybe realurl could use similar technique when being installed?

Cheers,
Ernesto