[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.4 introduction package and realUrl

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 16:55:09 CEST 2010

Hi!

ben van 't ende wrote:
> There was an idea we had to check for mod_rewrite and then de-activate realurl
> if not present. I can imagine the install gives a warning then. On the other
> hand I would like to keep it as simple as possible to.

It is possible to check if mod_rewrite is present in Apache. But if it is
present, it does not mean it is enabled or configured, that's the problem.
"Enabled" or "configured" cannot be easily checked using server scripts. Of
course, it is possible to make a subrequest and see what it returns but
this is hackish :)

Any more ideas?..

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member