[TYPO3-dev] New Look BE

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Jun 24 10:31:48 CEST 2010

Hey there,

> I think for me the upgrade tool could do with some work, what I have
> come to expect from and upgrade tool is to say you are on version X
> we're going to take you to version X and for it all to be one process
> rather than the step approach we have now which is not so seamless.

If I got you right, this would be a good idea. Make the visibility of
the upgrade steps dependet from which version the upgrade is done. If I
upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4 I'm already passed the extraction of the system
extensions, so these don't have to show up anymore and distract people.
So only relevant changes between the currently installed and the version
to be upgraded to should be shown. Shouldn't be a problem as we have the
compatibility version in localconf we could use for that, right?

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch