[TYPO3-dev] New Look BE

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Jun 23 11:10:42 CEST 2010

Am 23.06.2010, 11:01 Uhr, schrieb Graham Solomon
<graham.solomon at powys.gov.uk>:

> I still beleive that this could be handled a little more elegantly
> however, for example in the upgrade wizard you have options to
> install/uninstall certain system extensions such as simulatestatic, help
> modules, versioning - to be honest I don't even look at that part as I
> know I can easily do those things in the EM later (is it really to do
> with upgrading?),
It's because those extensions are result of the extraction of some
functionality out of the core into a sysext.

We all know that the Upgrade Wizard (and many parts of the Install Tool)
are a big piece of shit. It's only the problem for the few active
developers, to spent time on that. Patrick already did a great job, but
there are so many things, which have to be improved.

Steffen