[TYPO3-dev] Backend User on a different PID

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Fri Jun 11 11:23:00 CEST 2010

Hi

For me it has always been a bit weird that you can't dispatch BE user onto sysfolder like you can do
for FE User. Think about delegation for instance. You would like certain admin to take care about a
certain set of BE User. Wouldn't it easier to have them on different "sysfolder" to clearly
separate them? In case of multiple subdomain, this delegation would make sense.

Security?
I don't see the additional security argument as long as "be_users" are only allowed to be
edited by admin.

Unnecessary Complexity?
I haven't a tried to turn out a patch so far. But as it is hardcoded somewhere "pid=0", it can be
fairly easy. To be confirmed.

Enhance existing user management module?
Yes. Sounds a possible approach for me. But a more time consuming, as well.

But in this case, I would like to have the FE Users being managed the same way BE Users are. It is
confusing enough to understand the difference between BE and FE Users for my clients and the place
where they are configured. I don't about yours...

And no! It is not a theoretical need. ;)

> See you @ T3DD10

Definitely,

Fabien