[TYPO3-dev] Backend User on a different PID

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jun 11 11:15:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Fabien Udriot wrote:
>> I would like to know if there are any good reasons to have BE User only
>> available on pid = 0?
>
> There are several reasons. Firsts, when BE user logs in, there is no way
> you can limit BE users by pid. Therefore it is good to have them at one
> place and that one place should be well defined. So it is at Root.
> Secondly, only admins can edit root, so it adds extra protection to BE user
> records from unauthorized modification.
>
>> In the case of many BE users, it would be convenient to be able to
>> dispatch them on different sysfolder?
>
> Nope. This would only add more unnecessary complexity to the system.
> Everybody knows they are at root. Why change something that everybody uses
> for years without problems or complaints? Do you have a real life use case
> why BE users should be separated to sysfolders? I mean real life, not just
> theoretical idea that it may be good for somebody sometimes somewhere under
> certain circumstances :)
>
> Changes are good when they are useful. This change seems useless to me. It
> is a change for a change. If not, please, correct me :)

there could be reasons to change:
you can define a sysaction for creating BE_USER. This could be done by
non-admins. So it also could be useful to put these users to another
folder for better control.

Imho pid is never used with BE_USER, so sharing users to folders could
be a way for own structuring. Root is used by many records like all the
static, very fast overloaded.

vg Steffen