[TYPO3-dev] Backend User on a different PID

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 08:12:22 CEST 2010

Hi!

Fabien Udriot wrote:
> I would like to know if there are any good reasons to have BE User only
> available on pid = 0?

There are several reasons. Firsts, when BE user logs in, there is no way
you can limit BE users by pid. Therefore it is good to have them at one
place and that one place should be well defined. So it is at Root.
Secondly, only admins can edit root, so it adds extra protection to BE user
records from unauthorized modification.

> In the case of many BE users, it would be convenient to be able to
> dispatch them on different sysfolder?

Nope. This would only add more unnecessary complexity to the system.
Everybody knows they are at root. Why change something that everybody uses
for years without problems or complaints? Do you have a real life use case
why BE users should be separated to sysfolders? I mean real life, not just
theoretical idea that it may be good for somebody sometimes somewhere under
certain circumstances :)

Changes are good when they are useful. This change seems useless to me. It
is a change for a change. If not, please, correct me :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member