[TYPO3-dev] New icons to the core or to t3skin?

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Jan 28 10:50:14 CET 2010

Hi,

we (T3UXW09 group 3) will soon provide a new icon set as an RFC, which
follows the (pending) new Backend styling guide.
For icons, this means having a consistent naming scheme.

The remaining question is: Where should the icons be placed? Core
(typo3/images/icons) or t3skin?

Background info: The BE stylesheet reorganization will remove all the
legacy colors etc. (aka "visuals") from the core and move them to t3skin.
This is mostly old stuff from the 3.x skin!

Problem is, how usable BE should be, without any installed skin: Should
all icons be in place or should only icons for "extension (NOT) installed"
be shipped, to be able to install any skin. For sure, nobody will work
without any installed skin.

Like to hear you opinion of this. I'd say: Deadline in 2 days :)

Steffen

P.S: We will group-internally again discuss, how we split up our skinning
RFCs and provide you some details of our plan ASAP!
I think it would be good, if all UXW groups could do this so that
everybody knows, what's going on behind the scenes.
Part of our group 3 are Fabien Udriot, Thomas Allmer and me.