[TYPO3-dev] Add additinal language file for a frontend plugin

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Thu Jan 28 20:59:54 CET 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:09:50 +0200 Tapio Markula wrote:

> Hi
>
> frontent plugin has
>

> function main($content,$conf)	{
> 		$this->conf=$conf;		// Setting the TypoScript
passed to this function
> in $this->conf
> 		$this->pi_setPiVarDefaults();
> 		$this->pi_loadLL();
>
> $this->pi_loadLL(); loads automatic locallang.php or locallang.xml (the
> frontend plugin didn't have any language file inclusion)
>
> But what to to if I create an XCLASS and would merge an additonal
> language file so that
>
> .$this->pi_getLL('something').
>
> could be used as if the language information would be in the original
> language file

a long time ago I used the solution documented on my website: [1]

As I never find the time for a translation it is only in german, but you
may get the code.

some hints:
'NEU!' = new (the latest solution)

'Zusatz:' = additional helper, if you write texts after coding

'Veraltet' = an older method, using BE-function for FE-plugins

[1] http://www.pi-phi.de/secondlocallang.html

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html