[TYPO3-dev] New "domain record features" in 4.3 break RealUrl _DOMAINS features

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Jan 27 15:10:37 CET 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> On 2010-01-27 14:44:57 +0200, Steffen Ritter said:
>> The problem seems to be related to the changes in "domain records" in
>> TYPO3 4.3.
>
> In my opinion nested domains means that site architecture was done
> incorrectly. I know that such sites exists. I tried to make support for
> it in RealURL. Unfortunately there are so many possible configurations
> that any computer logic will fail to work properly in most cases. For
> example, what about one real setup that looked similar to this:
>
> + Domain 1
>   |- Subpage
>      |- Domain 2
>         | - Subpage
>             |- Domain 4
>                |- Subpage XYZ
>      |- Domain 3
>         |- Subpage that links to "Subpage XYZ"
>
> How should that work? Should it be a link within domain 1, 2 or 4? Only
> humans can decide, not a machine.

The only reasonal decision for the machine is to create links with the outermost domain (which is 1).

And the only reason for a nested domain I can see is, to have a landing page with a nice url that
doesn't redirect immediately. So that the user still has the URL in the browser visible which he has
entered.

Masi