[TYPO3-dev] New "domain record features" in 4.3 break RealUrl _DOMAINS features

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:41:52 CET 2010

Hi!

On 2010-01-27 14:44:57 +0200, Steffen Ritter said:
> The problem seems to be related to the changes in "domain records" in
> TYPO3 4.3.

In my opinion nested domains means that site architecture was done
incorrectly. I know that such sites exists. I tried to make support for
it in RealURL. Unfortunately there are so many possible configurations
that any computer logic will fail to work properly in most cases. For
example, what about one real setup that looked similar to this:

+ Domain 1
   |- Subpage
      |- Domain 2
         | - Subpage
             |- Domain 4
                |- Subpage XYZ
      |- Domain 3
         |- Subpage that links to "Subpage XYZ"

How should that work? Should it be a link within domain 1, 2 or 4? Only
humans can decide, not a machine.

In my opinon nested domains should be banned in TYPO3. That would close
all this mess forever...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.