[TYPO3-dev] New "domain record features" in 4.3 break RealUrl _DOMAINS features

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Wed Jan 27 13:44:57 CET 2010

Hey list,
I just encountered a problem when configuring a
per-domain-language-switch[1] via realurl.

The problem seems to be related to the changes in "domain records" in
TYPO3 4.3.

A configuration which works on 4.2 does not on 4.3.
A workaround is to delete all domain-records of the domains used for
language switching (just having the domain-records with redirects).

So what happened:
If domain-records are present, the language detection works fine for the
most upper domain-record. Accessing the webpage via other configured
urls, the "first hit" detects the language correctly. All links on this
page, are generated without realurl and bis the url of the first
domain-record.

reordering the domain-records produces the same problem vice-versa.

I also test all combinations of the flag "always prepend links with this
domain" in the domain records.

I think this is related to RFC #9046[2]

If the ones who have been involved in the VERY long discussion about it,
and Dmitry probably might reread the thread and comment on it, we might
find a solution which does not "destroy" the important features in #9046 .

regards

Steffen

[1]http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/realurl-separate-language-domains-in-an-easy-way.html
[2]http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9046