[TYPO3-dev] New "domain record features" in 4.3 break RealUrl _DOMAINS features

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:22:57 CET 2010

Hi!

On 2010-01-27 16:10:37 +0200, Martin Kutschker said:
> The only reasonal decision for the machine is to create links with the
> outermost domain (which is 1).

True. But management may want to have links to "departments" (domains 2
& 4), not to the "store" (domain 1).

> And the only reason for a nested domain I can see is, to have a landing
> page with a nice url that
> doesn't redirect immediately. So that the user still has the URL in the
> browser visible which he has
> entered.

I would use normal domains in all cases. Having nested domains may also
cause content duplicate, which is bad for SEO. Clear links to
subdomains are much better: people always know that "this" page belong
to "this" place and not to "this and that depending on where you come
from".

So nested domains are evil in my opinion. They only hurt sites from all ends...

I even had an idea to have a check in TCEmain to disallow domain record
creation and is_siteroot twice in the root line :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.