[TYPO3-dev] How do I add existing records with IRRE?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jan 25 15:03:06 CET 2010

Loek Hilgersom wrote:
> Hi Joey,
>
> Do you have this working somewhere with a 1:n csv relation? I got the
> point, but that was exactly what I was already doing.
>
> If I do this, I get this result:
> - A select box shows up for field child_records in the parent edit
> form
> - The select box shows records from the parent table (which is
> correct, because in the children table the select box is set to
> foreign_table => parents)
> - The selectbox is always a single selectbox, even if I set e.g. size
> => '3'
> - In both cases, all that happens when I select an item is that a new
> empty child record is created inline
> - If I change foreign_table => children in the children table, then
> the children records show up correctly in the parent form, but still
> nothing works.
>
> I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have this working somewehere?

It seems this is working with MM or "intermediate" tables only.
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/irre_tutorial/0.1.10/view/1/2/

As you can see in the "Using a record selector" example, there is a field
the foreign_selector is pointing to, but it is a field of the intermediate
table, which is again using a selectbox connected to the uid of another
table.
So I guess this won't work for CSV relations.

What you still can do, is to provide a select field in the children table
that enables editors to connect them to a parent record while editing the
children (but not form within the parent record form).

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de