[TYPO3-dev] How do I add existing records with IRRE?

Loek Hilgersom hilgersom at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 30 14:22:57 CET 2010

Hi Joey,

JoH asenau wrote:
> It seems this is working with MM or "intermediate" tables only.
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/irre_tutorial/0.1.10/view/1/2/
>
> As you can see in the "Using a record selector" example, there is a field
> the foreign_selector is pointing to, but it is a field of the intermediate
> table, which is again using a selectbox connected to the uid of another
> table.
> So I guess this won't work for CSV relations.

Sorry for the late response. After a bit more searching, reading and
experimenting we came to the same conclusion. Too bad, it would have a been a
nicer interface that way.

> What you still can do, is to provide a select field in the children table
> that enables editors to connect them to a parent record while editing the
> children (but not form within the parent record form).

I considered that approach, but in this case it should be starting from the
parent record, so I think we'll settle for the normal multiple selectbox with an
add record wizard.

Thanks for thinking along!
Loek