[TYPO3-dev] New relational concept for personal data

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov+t3ml at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 11:39:37 CET 2010

Hi!

On 2010-01-25 12:29:14 +0200, JoH asenau said:
> If we have the chance to introduce proper normalization to the TYPO3
> database, this would simplify the use of real objects and increase the
> overall performance as well.

Magento project thought the same. In the end they reverted from
normalization to using a single table for many critical records.

Normalization or joining tables never improves performance. It is
logically good thing to do but performance is always worse.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.