[TYPO3-dev] Apache2 rewrite rule for sitemap.xml doesn't work

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 22:52:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer
<thasmo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Christopher Torgalson wrote:
>>
>> I don't know the answer to your specific question, but I can tell you
>> that, for what you're doing, no RewriteCond is needed at all:
>
> Thanks for your reply, Christopher!
>
> Actually I already tested the rewrite rule without a rewrite condition,
> which also didn't work. Using a redirection, it's working well, but without
> the redirection, TYPO3 is showing an error - which shouldn't be shown imo.
>
> So I'm still wondering what the reason for this is, normally I'd assume
> the rewrite rule to work.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Thomas

I use exactly this rule on several sites: "RewriteRule ^sitemap\.xml$
/index.php?eID=dd_googlesitemap [R=301,L]" (along with variations of
it for feedburner).

The fact that you're winding up at a 404 page suggests that there is
an error in the .htaccess file (i.e. since some of the variations
you've tried are *correct* RewriteRules, they must not be being
evaluated correctly by Apache).

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/