[TYPO3-dev] Apache2 rewrite rule for sitemap.xml doesn't work

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 23:34:01 CEST 2010

Christopher Torgalson wrote:
> I use exactly this rule on several sites: "RewriteRule ^sitemap\.xml$
> /index.php?eID=dd_googlesitemap [R=301,L]" (along with variations of
> it for feedburner).

Thanks again for your feedback.

I'm no expert in writing rewrite rules etc.
but I'm just wondering why the redirect works
and without the 'R' it doesn't.

Is using a redirect (R=301) a cleaner approach
compared to the rewrite rule without redirect?

Fortunately using the redirect version works
well with the Google Webmaster Tools, so thanks!

Thomas