[TYPO3-dev] typo3temp/compressor/ - autocleanup?

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Thu Aug 5 14:17:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

I just found that the typo3temp/compressor/ folder in some of my
development instances running on 4.4 or trunk gained some size in the
last weeks and that some of them exceeded 200MB and even 500MB.

And that's why I was wondering if there's any way to have an
autocleanup? E.g. what I saw in the core the t3lib_SpriteManager tries
to autoclean all the irrelevant files from his folder and keeps it clean
(see t3lib_SpriteManager::rebuildCache()) - wouldn't something like this
make sense for the t3lib_Compressor too?

For now a daily cronjob does the job on my systems, but I'm sure there's
a smarter solution?

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--