[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 07:58:10 CEST 2010

Hi!

Irene Höppner wrote:
> Am 28.04.2010, 08:54 Uhr, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov
> <dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com>:
>> ...which prevents its usage in real life projects because nobody can rely
>> on unstable code :(
>
> You really should read about that! It's amazing. Unit tests cover the
> public API. So that part of the code doesn't change. And thats the part,
> package developers are interested in.

I talk about real life projects serving real people, you talk about unit
tests coverage for public API :(

>> TCEforms are being rewritten actually ;) There are plans to refactor
>> TCEmain as well.
>
> OMG.... Good to know.... Having some projects using TCEmain-hooks and
> some nice TSconfig-configurations the update then will be... well...
> interesting... :-)

No update will be necessary because API will stay compatible. I had the
plan and ideas for a long time, I am simply not sure if I should go with
this or seek some other solution than TYPO3 for projects these days. I am
really focused on UX instead of technology these days but TYPO3 goes
technology instead of UX. Even new development is pure technology without
any looks to simplifying and making it move convenient and obvious.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member