[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Apr 27 20:43:47 CEST 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> One thing that bothers me: there were releases but why there are no big
> projects using FLOW3? Probably, we should look at that.

A chicken/egg problem. As FLOW3 is or at least is IMHO presented as a monolithic framework it cannot
be used until it is ready. You would be the first one to warn against using a library in alpha state.

Zend (like jquery) is loose coupled so it could be written step by step.

> May be, if there
> were such projects, FLOW3 would be in a different stage now. I believe
> practical usage could really improve the framework.

The v5 team promised to deliver such projects (exactly because of this reason). I don't know if they
develop them themselves or someone else does it.

> Should there be some kind of contest or a week of FLOW3 development
> (similar to UXW) or something like that to teach and promote FLOW3?

Nice idea.

Masi

PS: Personally I have chosen to fiddle with ExtBase which is there rather than with FLOW3 which is
not there yet.