[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Irene Höppner irene.hoeppner at abezet.de
Tue Apr 27 14:42:17 CEST 2010

>> - Parkinson has been written about "public administration", not
>> motivated software development, that highly depends on creativity,
>> didn't he?
>
> It is universal.

Yes, ppl say that because it's funny. But in fact it is not.

>> So, if you want a candle-light-for-dummies-framework for the future, go
>> ahead and cry for deadlines. Otherwise let creativity and motivation do
>> their (so far great) work plz.
>
> Saying "candle-light-for-dummies frameworks" will not make FLOW3 look
> better :)
>
> I prefer "candle-light-for-dummies frameworks" with deadlines: Django,
> Zend
> Framework, Symfony, etc. Having started after or nearly on the same time
> as
> FLOW3, those frameworks had deadlines and had to make deliveries. They
> are
> used in real successful projects. Feel the difference.

Yes, sure, you can always do things faster and they might also be
successfull - at least for a while.
But you said yourself that you are a perfectionist. So you should
understand that it's not always about being the fastest, but sometimes
it's about being better.
So, the question is: do we want to be faster or better or how much better.
Yes, that probably has to be discussed.

So plz make clear what point of the quality the FLOW3-ppl should skip or
don't implement, if you want a deadline.

> It is all about being academic vs writing real life software.

Well, in an earlier post you said that you didn't have time to deal with
FLOW3 till now. So, how can you know this? What exactly do you mean with
"academic"?

Robert didn't even study, so how can he be academic? ;-)

And, as far as I know, they didn't check out the book you have to read as
a student, but other frameworks and book of real life software developers.
I've been on an academic event in Germany in 2007. It was about software
engineering. Agile development wasn't just a foreign word for the ppl
there, but something they didn't want to know anything about. They wanted
big papers and plans....