[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 15:04:37 CEST 2010

Hi!

Irene Höppner wrote:
>> Parkinson's law says: "The work takes all time allocated to it".
>
> - Parkinson has been written about "public administration", not
> motivated software development, that highly depends on creativity,
> didn't he?

It is universal.

> So, if you want a candle-light-for-dummies-framework for the future, go
> ahead and cry for deadlines. Otherwise let creativity and motivation do
> their (so far great) work plz.

Saying "candle-light-for-dummies frameworks" will not make FLOW3 look better :)

I prefer "candle-light-for-dummies frameworks" with deadlines: Django, Zend
Framework, Symfony, etc. Having started after or nearly on the same time as
FLOW3, those frameworks had deadlines and had to make deliveries. They are
used in real successful projects. Feel the difference.

It is all about being academic vs writing real life software.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member