[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Apr 27 15:20:52 CEST 2010

On Apr 27, 2010, at 7:09 AM, Irene Höppner wrote:

> Am 27.04.2010, 15:28 Uhr, schrieb Martin Kutschker <masi-no at spam-typo3.org
> >:
>
>> Irene Höppner schrieb:
>>> Hi all,

>>> - Parkinson has been written about "public administration", not
>>> motivated software development, that highly depends on creativity,
>>> didn't he?
>>
>> Yet ist is true for other domains as well.
>
> Who proved that?
>
>> Unrealistic deadlines are a PITA, but OTOH reasonable deadlines
>> forces you to make decisions and get
>> on with the work.
>
> How can you make a reasonable time-deadline for a complete new
> product like FLOW3.

By setting clear goals.

> All time-related deadlines must in fact be guessings only because
> nobody has the experience to know how long it could take.

There are real world products out there that did similar things, FLOW3
is really nothing new, just may be new to PHP but done in Java already.

> The only reasonable deadlines (aka goals) for a product like this
> must be set with a differen approach then time. It could be about
> usability, functionality, security, architecture etc.

See above, set clear goals.

>> Sidenote: I don't believe that the average pupil will do any
>> homework if it weren't for the marks.
>> No (subtle) force, no results.
>
> Did you watch the video? If not: do it. Plz. It's only 18 Minutes.
> And it's worth it.
>
> A pupil who knows and believes in another goal than marks will do a
> much better job, than the one who does homework for marks only.
> Marks are only important to fill the lack of real goals.
> Robert, Karsten an the other FLOW3-enthusiasts have real goals. They
> don't need marks, money or pressure.

Well, they do need Money, and do do need a form of pressure (like
everybody else does in there lives).

RIes