[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Irene Höppner irene.hoeppner at abezet.de
Tue Apr 27 14:09:25 CEST 2010

Am 27.04.2010, 15:28 Uhr, schrieb Martin Kutschker
<masi-no at spam-typo3.org>:

> Irene Höppner schrieb:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>> Parkinson's law says: "The work takes all time allocated to it".
>>
>> - Parkinson has been written about "public administration", not
>> motivated software development, that highly depends on creativity,
>> didn't he?
>
> Yet ist is true for other domains as well.

Who proved that?

> Unrealistic deadlines are a PITA, but OTOH reasonable deadlines forces
> you to make decisions and get
> on with the work.

How can you make a reasonable time-deadline for a complete new product
like FLOW3. All time-related deadlines must in fact be guessings only
because nobody has the experience to know how long it could take. The only
reasonable deadlines (aka goals) for a product like this must be set with
a differen approach then time. It could be about usability, functionality,
security, architecture etc.

> Sidenote: I don't believe that the average pupil will do any homework if
> it weren't for the marks.
> No (subtle) force, no results.

Did you watch the video? If not: do it. Plz. It's only 18 Minutes. And
it's worth it.

A pupil who knows and believes in another goal than marks will do a much
better job, than the one who does homework for marks only.
Marks are only important to fill the lack of real goals.
Robert, Karsten an the other FLOW3-enthusiasts have real goals. They don't
need marks, money or pressure.